Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Homeless Experience

Tonight I'm planning on spending the night at a homeless shelter so that I can hopefully gain a better understanding of those people those who live on the streets and experience what their everyday life is like. Even though I've been lucky enough to have had a place called home, I've always been interested in experiencing the other part of life. All throughout my life, I've always felt a certain level of comfort, whether it be at home or out camping in the woods and knowing what to expect, as opposed to a lifestyle that's mostly uncommon to those who've had the good fortune of never having experienced living on the streets. I hope that by the end of the night, this experiment will help put things in perspective and wash away the fear that clouds my mind about this unknown environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment