Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hobo Haven

Once again, another one of my idea's didn't float too well with my professor. I think for now on, I'm just going to keep my ideas to myself till the day of our presentations. Once again, I pulled another all nighter due to my inability to persuade and convey my approach to this experiment, which I admit was a little too symbolic and literal for its intent. But after laying in bed for hours on Wednesday night, trying to figure out what I was going to demonstrate for the class on Friday, I came upon the idea of building a portable shelter that would be made out of materials accessible to those who are currently homeless. The main building component is a shopping cart that has a piece of mdf wood attached to the bottom, front rail of the cart, which is then enclosed by plastic bags which I ironed together. Now I'm sure there aren't too many that have an iron, but I'm just assuming that that one lucky person who has one, knows how to share. But the idea of attaching the mdf to the rail is so that it creates the ability to pivot in either direction, allowing the extension of the cart for someone to sleep on, which would then be enclosed by the ironed plastic bags that act as a protective covering around the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment